Sunday, August 31, 2008

Preparing & Evacuated for Hurricane Gustav!


Dear Family & Friends, Update on Hurricane Gustav!


This storm has seemed to really put things into perspective... living on the Gulf Coast is a risky choice in the summer months, the outrageous insurance we all pay definitely is the 1st warning for these storms. I want to say thanks for your prayers & thoughts for the people here... It's been a very stressful week since word of this storm first came out & threatened everyone on the Gulf Coast. My DH has been away all week working with the hurricane hunters & weather crews first hand. They have been investigating this storm as much as they possibly can. All I can say right now for the two of us is that I have prepared for the worst, but pray for the best. We have a good chance of getting at least flood damage, but we are not in the direct path of the eye of the storm. I know many of my family, friends & customers have been asking & e-mailing & I cannot possibly keep up with everyone, so this is the best way to keep you updated as things unfold. One of our sweetest cats, Tommy, (the Orange Tabby above) ran away about 2 weeks ago & I have tried to locate him in every way I could think of. He has not come home. We love out pets & they have quite the life in our home as you can see this is the kitty condo tower for them right in the front foyer area of our home.


I evacuated last night, took mainly important papers & documents, photos & our pets (3 cats & Misty) with my laptop so I have some communication here & can work on my business, website & quickbooks as I am learning this system for my business. I will have a few days here at least. Ross will be away for the coming month as he is scheduled to leave for a Navy/AF Mission in Guam for weeks on the 8th. I know this storm is bad, but I do have faith & believe everything will be ok.


It's been a while since I've written here & I will do better in the days to come to keep my customers, family & friends updated... There are a few more storms building out there, so we are watching those as well. I think in the years to come I may be out of commission for the mid month of August - Sept, as these storms tend to show their BIG Face in this month especially. It's been quite stressful, but this is my first hurricane to evacuate & experience since we moved to the MS Gulf Coast in 2007. Our home is about 1/2 mile inland from the Gulf Coast Waters.


Thanks for your prayers & well wishes!

Bonnie & for Ross, too

2 comments:

shannen said...

hey Bonnie-its SHannen from nY- please stay safe and worry about you for a change....your business can wait...lol. all of your true customers will be right here on ebay and boneful.com waiting for the safe return of Ross and you and your :kids: back into your home...lol..we are all thinking about you and your neighborhood at this time-hugs-shannen

BonEful Boutique Designs said...

Thanks Shannon! So Sweet of you to write this, I'm trying to enjoy & relax, but hardly possible... LOL~ I will keep you updated here. Thanks for your kind comments, always! Big Smiles & HUGS~ Bon