Monday, September 1, 2008

Hurricane Gustav Touches Down at Cat 2 in LA, Monday!



It's about noon here on Monday~ Heavy Winds & Damage & the start of the eye of the storm is approaching LA! Looks like Coastal MS will be getting a lot of flooding which was expected. Our home is at 15 ft above flood level. They expect it to be at least at that where we are located. Currently I've heard Pasqugoula has crested to 9 ft. which is 2 towns East of us, maybe 20 miles. Ross flew last night again & sounded exhausted, he called me about 1 hour ago b/f going to sleep. He must really be having to do a lot of laundry b/c he left expecting to only be gone for the weekend & he's into the 2nd week now. These hurricanes keep everyone so busy, stressed & tired!
.
This Storm is fierce like most any major hurricane. We're all praying & hoping for the best here at this hotel & every other evacuation place, no doubt! The stories I've been hearing about are HUGE~ so many of these residence are from LA who have been through Katrina & had to rebuild & now they are getting hit again. I just got in from being outside & taking Misty for a run across & down the busy street. I am NOT a runner & did not go too far!~ There are too many animals here at the hotel, LOTS of dogs... I worry about the traffic with our 7 month old puppy who wants to listen but gets so easily distracted & is starting to be so protective. Playing frisbee near a main road is just a little too risky, I wanted to so bad though. She loves frisbee & needed the exercise & is now sleeping beside me here as I'm working. I'm afraid we'll be running in the rain later. :)~
.
I took some photos of our hotel place & of course I have about 45 photos of our house for insurance purposes, what a hassle here. Missing work, etc. Thank goodness for laptops & so much more like the Weather Channel. I will do my best to keep you all updated here. Kitties are happy & lounging around as you can see, Stevie Ray is our all white kitty about 4 months old & named after the famous guitar guy by my husband, of course! I left with photos, clothes a few top fabrics, laptop, camera & Ross's heirloom guitar. It's actually a beautiful hotel, great accomodations here at the Hyatt Place in Hoover, AL. It's about 5 hours away & the winds are blowing outside, clouds look even furocious here. Hope you are enjoying the weather where you are! :) It's got to be better than what anyone who decided to not evacuate is experiencing.
.
Thanks for your prayers, e-mails & support!
.
:) Bon & the gang!

No comments: